August 31, 2008

A Day of Work

Yesterday was truly a day of work. I started off the morning  by leaving my house at 8:15 to go to work. (Metropolitan National Bank) I did my duties there, and then headed back to Fayetteville to babysit at 1:00.  This is where the fun begins! Chris and Katie left me Ella's car seat, so Bennett and I decided to hit the road for some fun, instead of just sitting around eating doubled stuffed oreos and watching cartoons from the great Nickelodeon show, "Noggin".  We left the house around 2:00 and didn't get back home till 7:15. That's a long time out and about with a precious little angel who didn't get a nap because it was rudely interrupted with FUN! She was already so tired when we left, that she fell asleep on the way to our first exciting event..... Chuck E Cheese! But it didn't take long for her to come alive again. We bought some tokens, and the games began.  Bennett was jumping from one machine to another, not knowing what he wanted to do next. The good news is that I think we did every piece of money grabbing machine at least once. They had a blast and 75 tokens later I decided that we better go.  Now I know why it's so easy to blow money at these places! It's great entertainment, and fun for me, helping Ella ride in moving cars, and taking her picture with the Etch and Sketch machine. We gathered our tickets, fed them through the counter, and wha la, 150 tickets!  I thought that was pretty good since this place is not like Lokomotion where you can win jack pot once, and you've got 150 tickets after one machine. Bennett picked out some prizes and Ella got a sucker and we attempted to leave. But of course, like Wal-Mart, they stick last minute items by the door, and every child and even adults want at least one of these amazing little cheap rip off gadgets that never work, or the extra small hand sanitizer that only lasts a week. Ya,  you know what I'm talking about! Well in our case, it was a wonderful Ice Cream Machine. Bennett asked if he could have one and me being the great baby-sitter I am purchased one for him and Ella, and went back over to the Chuck-e-Cheese stage, and ate our wonderful ice cream sandwich's. And then we left for good! Not really wanting to go home yet, but not knowing what to do next, we decided to go to the mall and play on the play land down by JC Penney's, where every other kid decided to play. Bennett immediately took off his socks and shoes, while Ella and I tried to find somewhere to sit. Well every spot was taken except for this one, so I headed over there took a seat with Ella in my lap and she began to clap and yell for Bennett who was running around. I asked her if she wanted to go play too, already knowing the answer would be yes. I took of her shoes and off she went.  While watching them run around I soon began to realize why the seat I sat down in was the only one left, and no one wanted near me. Well it wasn't really me, it was where I was sitting. Yes, next to the wonderful she rack, where all the kids placed their shoes while they play. Oh my goodness, talk about stinky, musty, and BLAHHH! But I continued to sit there holding my breath and only breathing when necessary. But, in the future I will know, never sit by the stinky shoes! Everybody around me was probably thinking, ummm hmmm, she's a new-b, never been here before, she'll regret sitting there. I guess that's why everyone who didn't have a seat decided to stand and not sit.  5:30 came around and Bennett decided he was hungry, so we headed down to Chick-fil-a and ate some dinner. Yes Becke, I've turned into you....eating dinner at 5:30 with kids!   = )   After we left the mall we were going to go swimming in his neighborhood pool, but it was locked so we settled for feeding the ducks at the duck pond instead. Talk about poop'n machines. Those things had the squirts! After having a blast at the pond, and throwing rocks into a drainage hole, we headed home and took baths. They were both so tired that Ella crawled up in my lap and Bennett went and laid on the couch.... with no T.V, that's a first for him! They were both out by 8:30. I continued to rock Ella till their parents got home at 9:00. Such darling and well behaved kids! I truly enjoy watching them and spending time with the little goobs! 

Well I guess the Razorbacks pulled it off and won their first game!  But this might be a long year, cross your fingers, and wish them razorbacks good luck! Go Hogs!


Steph said...

WOW! What a busy day, I am tired just reading about it.

Kirby said...

Now if only you could manage staying up til 1 or 2 in the morning every night, then you could be like me!