March 2, 2011

Engaged!

Yes, you read that right- I am officially engaged to the man of my dreams. First, let me start off by saying that I couldn't have created a better man for myself. God was truly looking out for me when he brought Scott into my life. He definitely did a much better job then I could have ever dreamed of! I'm sure the main 2 main things you want to know right now are (1) How did he propose? (2) What does the ring look like? Well, you're in luck, because I'm going to tell you!


(1) How did he propose?

All day Scott kept telling me that I was coming over as soon as school was out, but then he had changed it to 4:30 because he had to go help one of his friends get up cows. So, after school I head home to clean out my car and change clothes. I had sent Scott a text asking him if we were doing anything tonight, and he said no, we'll just sit around the house, so I put on black windsuit pants, a razorback t-shirt, and house shoes, and left my house. Around 4:45 he started texting me asking me where I was. I informed him that I needed to go shopping first, then I would be over there. He said no, I just need to come over, so I told him he could meet me in town, and we could so some shopping together. But how ironic- his truck was broken, and he couldn't drive it, so I told him I would come pick him up. On my way there I decided to stop by Maca because I knew they closed at 6:00, and we wouldn't make it back in time to go, so I ran in there real quick. And when I say real quick, I mean real quick!! It was a fast shopping trip! (Ok, maybe not in Scott's eyes, but that's only because he was waiting on me)

I finally got to Scott's around 5:30.... and I just left my house at 4:45- see that was a fast shopping trip. As I pulled up I noticed that his truck was missing, and my chalkboard that I had bought not to long ago was sitting in the middle of his shop. As I got out of my car, I was thinking to myself, what in the world is he doing with my chalkboard! As I walked up closer, I noticed there was writing on the chalkboard, a note... to me!

Dear Amelia,
Please take Roxy to the bottom of the field. I'll be waiting on you. Then follow the clues the rest of the way. Love ya!

P.S. Text if you get lost (I know you)

-Scott


**Roxy is Scott's horse**

AND HE HAD THE SONG FOREVER PLAYING ON REPEAT IN THE BACKGROUND. I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP WHEN I HEARD THAT.

Not really knowing what to think, I started to search his "house" trying to find him! Then I went to the back of the shop and found Roxy tied up to the trailer. His truck was also in the back, so I opened the door to see if he was in there, Nope, he wasn't! So, I walked over to Roxy, and found a pink rose sitting on the saddle... for me?!?



I took the rose off of the saddle, hopped on Roxy, and headed to the bottom of the field. *Don't forget, I'm in windsuit pants, a t-shirt and house shoes, and I'm riding a horse*

I could see Scott in the distance on another horse, but he definitely would not let me get close to him. It was like a movie where someone sees a "ghost" and they keep following it, not really knowing where they're going.

After riding for a little bit, not knowing whether to walk, trot, or run on Roxy, I finally came to my first clue. Scott had hand painted a sign that says Scott <3>

Along the way there were random roses tied to trees to lead the trail.


*Sorry, the pictures are kind of blurry. = (

When I finally got to the bottom I was shaking! First, I was cold, but I was also nervous! But felt at ease when I saw Scott standing there with his precious smile on his face, that melts my heart! At that point all I wanted to do was hug him, and never let go! But, I did because I had to walk over to the blanket on the ground, with a bouquet of flowers, and strawberry shortcake. As I'm standing over there checking it all out, he walks over to where I am, get's down on one knee, and asks me to marry him!



*Note, there was obviously something in his contact that was bothering him, because his eye's started to water... pretty bad!

All I could do was squeal and squeak, and no words would come out~ But finally I got the words yes out. = )

He held me tight forever, before I actually even really looked at the ring. Again, all I wanted to do was hug him forever, and never let go!


Well, this is the SWEET STORY of my engagement, it was a dream come true, and he truly did do a GREAT job. I was very proud!

(2) What does the ring look like?

I LOVE MY RING.
Scott picked out my ring all by himself, and he did an amazing job.(He might have had a little bit of help from his sister-n-law!) I couldn't have picked a better one out for myself. It's beautiful. Or at least I think so. Diamonds are like cars, everybody has their own preference, and everybody likes different things, but I feel like it is perfect for me!

It's the antique style, with a cushion cut diamond in the middle.




The End! = )

1 comment:

Suz said...

Way to go Scott!!!! That has to be one of the sweetest most romantic propsals ever!!! So happy for you sweet girl!!!

When is the big day???