December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009


As I get older, I quickly realize how "different" Christmas truly becomes. On a positive, as an adult you better understand the true meaning of Christmas and this means a lot more to you and you don't "accidently" forget the true meaning of Christmas when you first wake up in the morning. But, on the sad note, as I get older, I realize that adults spend so much time, money and energy shopping for the perfect gift.... and then it gets ripped open and thrown to the side. How depressing! All that effort and it's just gone in a matter of minutes!

Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas at my house this year. I guess everyone was on their best behavior this year, because SANTA did pretty good!

On Christmas Eve, I had the opportunity to spend time with Trey and his family. After a long drive to Cincinnati, we ate a snacked on a variety of dips, sandwiches, and desserts..... oh- and don't forget the lil' smokies! yummy! = ) After that we opened presents (ABC order.. like that idea-I don't have to wait very long!) Shortly after we were done opening presents, the power went off! We're not sure of it really did, or if that was the cue to leave! But, due to the bad weather outside and no lights, we decided to hit the road. Let's just say it took even longer to get home! The roads were covered in snow, and the windshield wipers kept freezing up! So, after several stops to pound off the ice, we finally made it!

When I got home, mom and dad were still up. I informed them that they did not have to play "Santa" anymore and they could go to bed at a decent hour on Christmas Eve, but they wanted to make sure all their children were safe first. (Still waiting on Kirby to get home too)

On Christmas morning, I was going to attempt to help mom cook breakfast, but I wasn't much help! Maybe if I would have had my cowgirl apron Becke' got me a little sooner, I would have been more help! Around 9:30, Nana & Grandad showed up and we ate a wonderful brunch: Biscuits & Gravy, Keish, Fruit, and Ham. It was all very delicious! After we ate and did the dishes, we sat down as a family and opened presents. I hope everyone got everything they wanted!

After presents, we played BINGO. It was a lot of fun. It's nice to be able to sit down and play games as a family. AND to make it even better, we had BINGO prizes! For some reason if you mention the word prize, people are more willing to play! HA!

***Later, I took a nap, I was BORED and TIRED! Which is very rare for me (the napping part, not the bored) I hardly ever take a nap, but it sure did feel good! ****

That night we headed over to Karleen's and had some more wonderful food & NOODLES. She makes the best noodles (and sugar cookies). After we got done eating, we all gathered in the garage and sang Christmas songs. Kirby played the guitar, Marica played the piano and Chuck played the banjo and everyone else sang, or attempted too! I think we might make this a new family tradition!
Well.... that sums up my Christmas, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and may your New Year be filled with lot's of Cheer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe that woman in the last picture with you...your Grandmother..is 77? She looks great I think!

Steph said...

I LOVE THE COWGIRL APRON!!!!!!! IT is sooooo cute. I am glad you and your family had a great Christmas. I agree with the getting older thing and what Christmas truly means. Love you miss you!